What is HughesNet?
HughesNet is America’s #1 choice for satellite Internet. With HughesNet Gen5, you can enjoy even more of everything you love to do online. Give your kids an edge with a fast connection that lets them learn online. Connect with family and friends through social
media.Share photos, watch videos, listen to music and more!
HughesNet Gen5 is now better than ever and makes your online experience faster, easier, and more efficient. HughesNet Gen5 offers a range of new plans with faster speeds, more data, built-in Wi-Fi, no hard data limits, and advanced datasaving features—so you can do more of everything you love online.
All plans come with the same fast speeds, so it’s easy to choose a plan that's right for you.
Available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.
HughesNet is America’s #1 choice for satellite Internet, and it’s available everywhere—so you can live where you love and still stay connected.
HughesNet Gen5 service plans are delivered via our network of high-capacity satellites, including EchoStar XVII and EchoStar XIX, which use innovative JUPITER high-throughput technology to optimize speed and performance.
Faster Speeds More Data Built-in Wi-Fi
No Hard Data Limits Video Data Saver
ughesNet Gen5 is faster than ever with 25 Mbps** on every plan. Do all the things you want online- even faster! Give your kids an edge with super-fast connection that lets them learn online. Enjoy more video, music, and sharing photos. Download, surf, and email with the quickest speeds ever offered by America's #1 choice for satellite Internet.
More than More
HughesNet Gen5 has four new service plans with way more data right off the bat! And the increase in data is not the only improvement!
All plans also come with off-peak data in the Bonus Zone, so you can do more without using data from your service plan. With the Bonus Zone (2am-8am), you have up to 50 GB of free data every month that you can use for downloading large files like movies and system updates to your computer, tablet, or smart phone.
No Hard Data Limits†
With HughesNet Gen5, hard data limits are a thing of the past. We’re committed to helping customers stay connected no matter what. That means even if you exceed your plan data, there’s no reason to stress! We won’t cut you off or charge you more. You’ll be able to stay connected at reduced speeds until the next billing cycle. Or, you can always use a Data Token to return to full speed.
HughesNet Gen5 automatically compresses and optimizes web content with built-in SmartTechnologies to make webpages load faster while using less of your data. HughesNet Gen5 also includes a video data-saver so you can watch more videos using less of your data. It adjusts data rates for streaming video to deliver DVD quality, so you can watch 3 times more video.††.
• Connect your wireless devices at home.
• 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz for incredible speeds and excellent coverage.
• Latest Wi-Fi standards and technology (dual-band 802.11ac) to deliver fast, secure wireless connectivity.
• Separate guest Wi-Fi for visitors to keep your home network more secure.
• Installed and supported by Hughes
No Hard Data Limits
• No hard data limits: Even if you exceed your plan data, we won’t cut you off or charge you more. You can stay connected at reduced speeds until the next billing cycle.
• With HughesNet Gen5, hard data limits are a thing of the past. We’re committed to helping customers stay connected no matter what.
• If you exceed your service plan data, don’t worry, you can keep going at reduced speeds until the next service month.
• If you exceed your data, you can always use a Data Token to get back to full speed.
Video Data Saver
• Watch more videos using less data.
• HughesNet Gen5 automatically adjusts data rates for streaming video to deliver great picture quality while using less of your data.
• Watch 3x more video with HughesNet video feature.
• Hughes provides an easy method, via the Usage Meter, Mobile App, or online Support Center, for customers to manage data usage of streaming video content.
• Speeds adjusted to deliver DVD quality while using less data.
- The customer can opt-in/opt-out of video feature temporarily or permanently.
- The customer may temporarily opt out of video quality feature for 4 hours.
- Customers can snooze the video data saver for 4 hours.
• Streaming is optimized with video streams at DVD quality (up to 480p)
• During the Bonus Zone (2am-8am), you get up to 50 GB of free data to use every month!
• Use the Bonus Zone to do more during off-peak hours, without using data from your service plan.
• 50 GB/month of FREE data to use during off-peak hours (2am–8am)
• Use this free data to download large files like movies, system updates for your computer, tablet, or smartphone—and more.
HughesNet Gen5 also includes new data-saving features to get the most out of your service:
• Automatically adjusts streaming video for great picture quality while using less data.
• Automatically compresses and optimizes Web content with built-in SmartTechnologies to make Web pages load faster and use less data.
Secure and Reliable Connection
• The satellite dish sends and receives information over the Internet and delivers it to your computer through your Wi-Fi modem, giving you secure and fast Internet access.
• A strong track record of reliability with unsurpassed service and support.
• Trusted and reliable: Go with America’s #1 choice for satellite Internet.
No Phone Line Required
• HughesNet uses satellite technology, freeing up the phone line for more important things, like making phone calls!
• Free up your phone line—talk and surf at the same time.
• No dialing in, busy signals, or missed calls.
• No tied-up phone lines.
• No more missed calls.
• Dial-up days are over.
• The phone is made for talking, not going online.
• If you still have dial-up, your days of slow connectivity are over!
Simple Ethernet Connection
• Provides easy connection to your existing computer or home network.
• Standard Ethernet interface to your local network.
• Instant access to the information you need without dialing in—it’s always on.
• Get online instantly with an always-on connection
• Always on so you can be online instantly without having to dial in/log on.
• No waiting or dialing in.
• Check email instantly (instant access when you need it/want it).
• Four new service plans to best suit your specific needs and they each come with free off-peak data!
• HughesNet Gen5 is available where you live…today.
• HughesNet Gen5 delivers the highest satellite Internet speeds available coast-to-coast.
• Available where you live today, even in areas with slow or no high-speed options.
• HughesNet is available everywhere—so you can live where you love and still stay connected.
• HughesNet is available even where fiber and cable Internet are not.
• You can get high-speed Internet access wherever you live.
• HughesNet is available anywhere in the contiguous US and Alaska with a clear view of the southern sky.
• Your wait for high-speed Internet is over.
• Affordable service plans to suit any budget.
• Time is money—save time by getting things done faster with
• HughesNet brings you affordable, high-speed Internet wherever
• With the new, advanced data-saving features of HughesNet
Gen5, you get even more value from your Internet service.
What are SmartTechnologies
HughesNet Gen5 automatically compresses and optimizes Web content with built-in SmartTechnologies, to make Web pages load faster while using less of your data.
Are there activities that are not recommended for use with a satellite connection?
VPNs. Since your home is approximately 22,000 miles away from the HughesNet satellite in space, VPN usage for residential customers is generally not recommended as you may see overall speed reduced by 50–70% because of data encryption. Therefore, you may not be able to perform the activities you would like to do online. However, your normal speeds will return once you disconnect from a VPN if you choose to use it with HughesNet. Note: HughesNet Technical Support does not provide help with configuring or troubleshooting problems associated with VPN clients.
Heavy downloading. HughesNet offers a number of service plans to meet your online and browsing needs. For general web browsing and staying connected with friends, we recommend the entry-level plan. If your needs require more bandwidth, we suggest one of the higher plans with more bandwidth allocation.
Third-party VoIP Services. Hughes offers HughesNet Voice, a premium, feature-rich home phone service. HughesNet Voice is optimized to work over your satellite connection and does not impact your Internet plan’s Data Allowance. Other third-party VoIP services are not optimized to work over satellite connections. With third-party VoIP services your call quality may be inferior and your Data Allowance will be impacted. HughesNet members who opt to use a third-party VoIP service are advised to carefully monitor their data usage via the free HughesNet Status Meter.
Plan Names and Brief Descriptions
All HughesNet Gen5 service plans are available from coast to coast.
All plans come with the same fast speeds, so it's easy to choose the plan that's right for you.
It’s easy to choose a HughesNet Gen5 service plan based on the amount of data you need.
Your service plan data is the amount of data that can be downloaded or uploaded on your plan without restriction within a monthly period.
10 GB Perfect for the single user or couple who is passionate about fast Internet.
20 GB Best for the small family whose love of the Internet is growing as fast as their kids.
30 GB Ideal for the connected household with multiple devices and a large appetite for data.
50 GB The data you need to keep your whole family rolling in Internet bliss.
For additional information call the HughesNet National Sales Team at